Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Most Beautiful Hands

My Grandma has arthritis. As a result her hands have become deformed. And yet they are the most beautiful hands to me. She has beautiful hand writing. When I get mail from her I don't even have to look who it's from. I can tell it is from her by the handwriting and decorative envelopes. It puts a smile on my face as soon as I pull it out of the mailbox. I know that there is love inside. When I was young, her hands would make the best zucchini bread I have ever tasted. Her hands are not strong enough to do that any more. But there is one things her hands don't need strength to do. Her touch is precious! When she rests her hand on your shoulder or knee, or moves your hair, you feel nothing but calm and comfort. Time almost stops for moment as you are wrapped in her love. I wonder if she has ever been embarrassed by her hands. The thought of that is funny to me because I'm so proud of them. The photo was taken by my sister. Great picture of Grams, Nikki. Thanks for adding it to my family tree.

2 comments:

nikki said...

I love Grams so much. I always think that God made her even more amazing for us siblings because she's the only grandparent who really loves us.

I love her hands too. You are so right about how when she touches you, somehow the love just flows from her to you.

I want to add more pictures to the family tree. I have to decide which ones I like first though.

J&B said...

I know what you mean about her being our only loving grandparent. On time Lisa invited me to spend the weekend at her grandparents house. He grandpa was just so nice. That was the first time I relized that I didn't have a grandpa that loved me. I loved being their for a couple days soaking in the love like I was his grandchild too. Some people don't like to be called Grandpa because they think I means they are old. But After that weekend I think Grandpa is a precious name for a grandchild.
God did bless us with Grams. And now being married to Jeremy I have another special Grandma. (Sharle) She loves me so much and I'm so thankful for her.